“Pure food from the heart. Grown with love always.”
Loving Roots Urban Farm is a small-scale, no-till, beyond-organic vegetable farm using regenerative practices operating at EarthDance Organic Farm School. Jill focuses on fostering community relationships, knowing each of her customers and chefs, being a good steward of the earth and passionately growing food with love.
Jill specializes in growing high-quality greens (even in the hot season) by selecting heat tolerant varieties, using hydrocooling methods, growing healthy transplants and using shade cloth. By farming on a small plot, Jill is able to tend to and love the soil, organisms, plants, volunteers, customers and herself through hands-on practices and deep care.
Loving Roots regularly accepts volunteers. Contact Jill for more info!
More about our Farm
- specializing in roots and greens all season
- Permanent wildlife habitat
- Use of drip irrigation
- No-till – using permanent raised beds
- Use of berms and swales to reduce runoff and erosion
- Integrated Pest Management Plan
- Crop rotation
- Permanent fencerows
- No fossil fuels used
- Annual soil testing
- Stale bedding, occultation, and solarization
- Companion planting/intercropping
- Use of beneficial insects and nematodes for pest control
- Organic seeds and potting mix