“We are a family farm specializing in the cultivation of gourmet mushrooms.”
We grow year round, in climate controlled facilities without the use of chemical sprays. We specialize in growing shiitake, oyster, lions mane, chestnut, king trumpet, pioppino, beech, and more. Our farm is 8.5 acres. All our mushrooms are grown indoors in a climate controlled facility that is roughly 700 square feet.
We are not currently certified but strictly follow organic practices. We have been growing commercially for 7 years and currently serve southern Illinois (carbondale area) as well as central IL (Champaign – Urbana area) at farmers markets, CSA’s, stores, and restaurants
Visit our Farm!
Shop with us.
multiple restaurants in Carbondale, Cape Girardeau, and Champagne-Urbana
More about our Farm
8.5 acres, 700 sq ft. production
- Only use USDA Organic or OMRI approved chemicals
- Season Extension (cold frame, hoop house, etc.)
- Integrated Pest Management
- Indoor growing to avoid synthetic sprays
- Mushrooms are grown on sawdust – not animal manure
- Temperature control used for pest management
- Substrates are composted on the farm after use
- Water is tested annually