“Box Turtle Ranch is a women-owned and operated farm producing specialty vegetables, including heirloom tomatoes and peppers. “
We are a women-owned and operated farm that grows in two high tunnels. We produce over 20 varieties of chile peppers, from mild Anaheims to firey Carolina Reapers, standard sized tomatoes – several heirlooms, salad tomatoes, both red and yellow, and garlic. We also make jellies and hot sauces in our commercial kitchen.
We believe farming and conservation are compatible. With the use of solar generators, have minimized the use of gasoline engines on the farm. In fact, our land has a conservation easement to protect its natural beauty in perpetuity.
More about our Farm
230 acres, with 10,000 square feet for veggie and fruit production
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Hot sauces
- Conservation crop rotation
- Cover crops
- Drip irrigation
- Integrated pest management
- High tunnels are protected from drift from neighboring farms by a vast forest
- The farm is protected by a conservation easement
- Seeds are often certified organic
- Alternative energy: solar power generators